Trouble downloading v1.3.5

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

RWCurry
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Trouble downloading v1.3.5

Post by RWCurry »

I run v1.3.4 of MMEX. Every time I launch the app, I get a message telling me v1.3.5 is available. I download this and launch it. The next time I open MMEX, Help>About tells me I am running 1.3.5 and the Home Page looks a bit different to 1.3.4. However, when I shutdown and later launch the app again, V1.3.5 seems to have disappeared. I just get v1.3.4, with the message telling me v1.3.5 is available. Can you explain why this is and how I overcome the problem?
dbolton
Super MMEX User

Re: Trouble downloading v1.3.5

Post by dbolton »

Check whether your download is the portable version instead of the installable version.

If you are used to opening Money Manager Ex from the start menu on Windows then you want the installable version. Go to https://www.moneymanagerex.org/download and choose "Windows - 64BIT" (assuming your computer is 64 bit).
RWCurry
New MMEX User

Post by RWCurry »

Thank you. The link you provided took me to a different site compared to the one the link in the message took me to. That only gave me access to the portable version. My problem is now solved.
RWCurry
New MMEX User

Post by RWCurry »

I am now having the same problem installing 1.5. I have downloaded the file mmex-1.5.0-win64.exe. When I run it, I receive an error messages. I have attached screenshot. My version continues as 1.3.6. All unchanged apart from the fact that my attempt to upload seems to have removed the home page. I get a message saying the path to this cannot be found. Can you help? Many thanks. Richard curry
Attachments
install 1.5.0 error - screenshot.docx
(229.79 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

I would suggest closing the open MMEX before an installation so that the new version can be installed.
Renato Forum Administrator
RWCurry
New MMEX User

Post by RWCurry »

That seems to have resolved the problem. It is a bit misleading when the scree telling you about a new version comes up when you are trying to launch MoneyManager, but nothing tells you to shut it down again to download and install the new version. Anyway, thank you for your help - much appreciated. Richard Curry
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

Thank you very much for the feedback.
by the way: this was not a problem from downloading, but from installation.
RWCurry
New MMEX User

Post by RWCurry »

I am now trying to install version 1.3.10. MMEX is closed while I do this. However I keep getting the same error message shown in my screen shot on April 16 2021 regarding version 1.3.5. The installation seemed to have started until the error message appeared. I still seem to able to use version 1.3.9 but I have lost my Homepage. I am using the win64.exe version of the 1.3.10 file. Can you help? Thank you.
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

I suggest using the portable version of MMEX.
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/9 ... rtable.zip
RWCurry
New MMEX User

Post by RWCurry »

Thank you for the suggestion. I have followed this and downloaded the portable version and then tried to install it. When I now try to open MMEX I get a series of error messages which lead to the attached debug report. I chose the option to send the report. However, I cannot open MMEX at all now
Attachments
Debug report 27-11-21.pdf
(149.64 KiB) Downloaded 140 times