Unable to open mmex

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

teedell
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Unable to open mmex

Post by teedell »

When I attempt to open money manager I get a message "The database you aretrying to open is marked as opened in another MMEX instance
How do I clear it.
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Re: Unable to open mmex

Post by Renato »

Maybe this will help:

viewtopic.php?p=20194#p20194
Renato Forum Administrator
teedell
New MMEX User

Post by teedell »

Being a bear of very little brain and a total computer illiterate, it didn't help a great deal. However I did manage to run money manager by right clicking on the icon and chosing to run as administrator. When I checked the Windows permisions the world and his dog have total allowance to run it.
Whilst I am now able to run it I remain :? :?
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

Oh dear bear, maybe it would have been better to download and install the version to be installed, instead of the portable version.

by the way: if you want support, you should probably write what version you are using under which operating system. Even we can't see into the future despite the Corona Virus. So we can only guess and that can also go wrong. ;) ;) ;)
teedell
New MMEX User

Post by teedell »

I am using money manager on an Asus portable with Windows 10. The current release is 1.3.5 but I have been using its various releases on the machine since December 2016 when I had to replace a stolen machine that had been running it for many years previously. When prompted to upgrade to 1.3.5 I downloaded what was available unaware that there was an alternative to portable mode.
teedell
New MMEX User

Post by teedell »

I spoke too soon! For some reason I can no longer get a response from money manager other than the database I am trying to open is already open in another instance ... :evil: :cry:
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Press the "Yes" button.
Attachments
mmex_.PNG
mmex_.PNG (9.25 KiB) Viewed 8641 times
pdh
New MMEX User

Post by pdh »

I too have the same problem and clicking 'Yes' makes no difference at all. I am using Windows 10 and have just updated to MM 1.3.5 after this same error came up when I was using MM 1.3.4. I last used the program, without any problems, 3 days ago. This has happened once before and I can't remember what I did that corrected it.

I, as far as I know, don't have the program open elewhere and have not suffered a crash. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction please to solve this problem? I can save the last opened file to a USB and open it on another machine so the problem must relate to my main PC and not MM but I can't think of a way out. Please help.
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

probably that helps: Delete C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MoneyManagerEx\mmexini.db3
pdh
New MMEX User

Post by pdh »

I renamed the file you mentioned and all was ok. Have been into MM and saved my edits and saved the edited file which is now in the AppData\Roaming file. All ok so will now delete the renamed db file which must somehow have become corrupted. Thanks Renato. :D