Percentage transaction splitting

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

kiwibloke
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Percentage transaction splitting

Post by kiwibloke »

Hi,
Firstly many thanks to the developers, I have only been using MMEX for a few weeks and managed to get to grips with most of the features and it has definitely cleaned up my home accounts.
I have a question about splitting transactions. I am running Version: 1.8.0 64-bit on Windows 10.
My goal for UK tax reporting is to be able to automatically split various expenses by percentage between the following categories:
Home: Subcategory
Business 1:Subcategory
Business 2:Subcategory

For example, the total monthly energy transaction for the house is split into three categories:
Home: Energy bill 33%
Business 1: Energy bill 33%
Business 2: Energy bill 33%

Please note I have many other splitting examples where I need to split a transaction equally into three categories or two categories.

The amount each month for energy usually varies, therefore an automatic percentage calculation would be required whenever I import the monthly bank CSV statement.
I cannot see a current feature in transaction splitting that allows me to do this unless I am missing something.
The only other solution I can see is to do the split calculation in reporting however it seem logical that the functionality should be in the split transaction window dialogue.

Kind regards
James