Where are the definitions of the Transaction Colours held?

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Where are the definitions of the Transaction Colours held?

Post by MartinArmstrong »

Asked on Slack but no replies, so asking here...

Where are the definitions of the Transaction Colours held? Is it in the .mmb database, or elsewhere?

I have some databases created using MMEX 1.3.6. The Transaction Colours are the very bold colours shown on the left side of the attached screenshots.

Using MMEX 1.5.0, if I create a new database the Transaction Colours are the softer shades shown on the right side of the screenshots but if I open my existing databases using 1.5.0, the Transaction Colours are still the bold colours. I'd like to change them to the softer 1.5.0 colours.

I realise that I can so this one by one on the View Options dialog but I'm looking for a way to automate this (perhaps using DB Browser for SQLlite).

Also, should there be a way provided within MMEX to update the colours in an existing database to match the new 1.5.0 colours? Without this, if existing users only open their pre-1.5.0 databases and never create a new database, they will not discover the new (better) colours.

Colours 1.png
Colours 1.png (139.82 KiB) Viewed 2603 times
Colours 2.png
Colours 2.png (161.56 KiB) Viewed 2603 times
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Re: Where are the definitions of the Transaction Colours held?

Post by Renato »

these colors are stored in the .mmb database
mmex3.png
mmex3.png (15.42 KiB) Viewed 2599 times
and can be customized here:
mmex4.png
mmex4.png (120.04 KiB) Viewed 2599 times
Renato Forum Administrator
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Sorry, I missed your message in Slack.

It is necessary to delete all USER_COLOR* entries and then soft colors will be used.

PS The fastest way is to create an mmdbg file. Then open it in Tools - Database - Database Debug

Code: Select all

-- MMEX Debug SQL - Update --

delete from INFOTABLE_V1 where INFONAME like 'USER_COLOR%';
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Excellent.

Thank you @Renato and @Nikolay.

What do you think about:

"Should there be a way provided within MMEX to update the colours in an existing database to match the new 1.5.0 colours? Without this, if existing users only open their pre-1.5.0 databases and never create a new database, they will not discover the new (better) colours."

Maybe a 'Restore Defaults' on the Options | View Options pane, which would restore all the View defaults?

And publicise the fact that there are new highlight colours in the 1.5.0 (or 1.5.1) release notes that will apply to new databases. To get them in existing databases, use 'Restore Defaults'?
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

You're welcome.
I think that with the option to customize the colors themselves the user has enough comfort.

Thanks for the information, change requests can be submitted at any time on viewforum.php?f=8.

By the way, I would also have many wishes for the development, but because the capacity of the developer(s) is very limited (since these are volunteers), I refrain from making suggestions. It is much more important to fix bugs and guarantee that the program runs stable.
Renato Forum Administrator
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

I think this feature is outdated.In future all colors would be moved to a theme file.

https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/3067

https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... el%3Atheme
MartinArmstrong
MVP MMEX User

Renato wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:51 pm It is much more important to fix bugs and guarantee that the program runs stable.
Understood. Several bugs already reported (as Tactilis) via github and have been fixed for 1.5.0, or marked for fixing in 1.5.1.
Renato wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:51 pm By the way, I would also have many wishes for the development, but because the capacity of the developer(s) is very limited (since these are volunteers), I refrain from making suggestions.
With respect, I don't agree with the view of refraining from putting forward ideas.

I have observed that the developers actually make plenty of new feature suggestions themselves, and it appears that enhancement requests from others are welcomed and are appropriately labelled in github.

Ultimately the developers are free to pick and choose whether they prioritise their time on bug fixes for stability as we head towards a new release, or on enhancements for future releases, (or on living their lives outside MMEx!).
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Any ideas are welcome. Very often, they are either implemented or transformed into other useful ideas. Unfortunately, many ideas remain unrealized. But some of them have a chance to be realized.