Cumulative display on home page

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

moneyman46
New MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Cumulative display on home page

Post by moneyman46 »

I'm a returning user to MMEX and want to use it to replace Microsoft Money Sunset version. At the moment I'm running them in parallel but want to ditch MSMoney soon.
The problem I've discovered today is that on the MMEX home page it only shows the current months income/expenditure and I want it to show it cumulatively as I constantly want to know what 'disposable income' I have left at all time i.e. credit card spending vs monies in current account.
Can anybody help please?
siowena
Super MMEX User

Re: Cumulative display on home page

Post by siowena »

moneyman46 wrote:I'm a returning user to MMEX and want to use it to replace Microsoft Money Sunset version. At the moment I'm running them in parallel but want to ditch MSMoney soon.
The problem I've discovered today is that on the MMEX home page it only shows the current months income/expenditure and I want it to show it cumulatively as I constantly want to know what 'disposable income' I have left at all time i.e. credit card spending vs monies in current account.
Can anybody help please?
You can't get that from the home page on the current version.

Have a look at some of the built in reports - Income vs. Expenses - this seems to be what you are looking for but you'd have to manually run it whenever you want to know that information.
moneyman46
New MMEX User

Re: Cumulative display on home page

Post by moneyman46 »

siowena wrote:
moneyman46 wrote:I'm a returning user to MMEX and want to use it to replace Microsoft Money Sunset version. At the moment I'm running them in parallel but want to ditch MSMoney soon.
Can anybody help please?
You can't get that from the home page on the current version.

Have a look at some of the built in reports - Income vs. Expenses - this seems to be what you are looking for but you'd have to manually run it whenever you want to know that information.

Many thanks Siowena for your very helpful response. Your recommendation DID give me the answer I was looking for and whilst looking into my issue further, I realised that I can also get the information I was looking for with 'less clicks' by clicking on the Categories (Over Time) section in the navigation section. The bottom line 'total' line gives the cumulative figure I was looking for.
Could I, through this post, request that the option for a cumulative 'balance over time' be an option on the home page as well as a monthly view?
Once again...many thanks Siowena for your swift and helpful response.