Editing Reports

15 posts
Re: Editing Reports

siowena
Super MMEX User

petemac wrote:Yes, that's the one. In the dropdown one can choose other options such as Financial Year, Last Financial Year and Over Time. But if you choose Over Time the dates are not editable so one cannot go back further than the Last Financial Year.

I believe in v1.4.x there will be the ability to enter date ranges into reports.

For now try this attached report to see if it give you want you require. The report shows per year 2015-2020 assuming there are transactions for the year. If you need different years, edit the SQL to have the years your interested in.

It's for v1.3.3.
Attachments
Income vs. Expenses Comparision by Year.grm
(2.97 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Income vs. Expenses Comparision by Year.grm
(2.97 KiB) Downloaded 91 times

petemac
New MMEX User

Thank you very much, that's interesting. What are the year parameters - 1 January to 31 December? What I generally need are the financial year totals, which for me are 1 May to 30 April (hence needing the custom date function if going beyond the Current/Last Financial Years in the stock installation). I can see how to edit the years in the way you suggest, so that's good esp as I'm a SQL know-nothing. What could I edit to introduce the financial year parameters in a simple way?

I look forward to version 4.

siowena
Super MMEX User

petemac wrote:Thank you very much, that's interesting. What are the year parameters - 1 January to 31 December? What I generally need are the financial year totals, which for me are 1 May to 30 April (hence needing the custom date function if going beyond the Current/Last Financial Years in the stock installation). I can see how to edit the years in the way you suggest, so that's good esp as I'm a SQL know-nothing. What could I edit to introduce the financial year parameters in a simple way?

I look forward to version 4.

Yes, the year is Calendar Jan-01 to Dec-31.

I've modified the report to now read the Financial Year start month/day form the MMEX Tools -> Options -> General -> Financial Year settings.

You'll need to change the line 20 in the SQL to FIN_YEAR and also change and line 44 for the years you are interested.
Attachments
Income vs Expenses Transactions By Year.zip
(3.99 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Income vs Expenses Transactions By Year.zip
(3.99 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

petemac
New MMEX User

Thanks again. I've got it working, paddling into personally uncharted waters with that sort of data manipulation. I'm a graphic designer not a coder though I've worked with html and php. SQL is probably something I'll mostly leave to those with a talent for it, like yourself. Cheers.

mskristymurphy
New MMEX User

Thanks for asking this I was also looking for the same. Keep posting and help people like me. Assignment Writing Services