Can't Open Database

Vista, 7, 8, 8.1. Unicode builds: x86, x64, ia64 versions available.

Moderator: Renato

Nikolay
MMEX Developer
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Can't Open Database

Post by Nikolay »

Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

Thank you, Renato, for the "defective" mmexini.db3 file. Using this, I am sure I can fix this problem.
Polycarpe
New MMEX User

Post by Polycarpe »

I have the same problem. I cannot open my database on my laptop (windows 8.1). This started after upgrading to version 1.3.5 . But when I take the same database on a USB to my office desktop (windows 7), on which I have installed money manager same version 1.3.5; it opens with no problem. I am able to make changes and save them. When I bring the new database back to my laptop, it does not open. I get a message saying that the database is already opened with an other session of money manager. Strange!!!
Renato
MVP MMEX User

Post by Renato »

probably the solution is a bit further down:

This solution was to delete C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MoneyManagerEx\mmexini.db3
regards Renato use MMEX since 2009
Eddietheone
New MMEX User

Post by Eddietheone »

I too now cannot open any database in 1.3.5 just like detailed in the thread. I have tried to find the pathway listed by Renato but cannot. If anyone can help me get it to open again I will be grateful otherwise I shall have to look for another program that will work. I too have no other program that I have tried to open the files with so why it keeps saying it is open in another program beats me.

Cheers Edward
guanlisheng
MMEX Developer

Post by guanlisheng »

How about pass your database file to MMEX developer to have a deeper look? also it would be appreciated to have some snapshots to illustrate your issues