Next release 0.9.5.2 or 0.9.6?

Page 1 of 1
7 posts
Next release 0.9.5.2 or 0.9.6?

omalleypat
MMEX Developer

Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: Atchison, KS
Are we planning on doing more in the 0.9.5 series in terms of bugfixes or are we going to aim for 0.9.6 next? I was thinking there are a few more bugs that could be fixed for a 0.9.5.2 release.
Re: Next release 0.9.5.2 or 0.9.6?

Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Posts: 2284
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:27 am
Location: Sankt-Petersburg, Russia
We must invent new bugs in version 0.9.6.0. :)

If critical errors would found in version 0.9.5.1, then perhaps they should be fixed in this branch.

Vadim has done much to improve the package is in a branch 0.9.6. We should continue in this direction. The branch 0.9.5. was released to remind us of our users.

PS I hope that my opinion coincides with the majority opinion.
Re: Next release 0.9.5.2 or 0.9.6?

Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Posts: 2284
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:27 am
Location: Sankt-Petersburg, Russia
FYI

Vadim wrote:Hi everybody,
I think we should freeze any development on 0.9.5. If we continue to modify branch's code, we never release new version. It is time to stop. If nobody knows some critical bugs in branch (such as application crashes, etc), we can build MMEX for all platforms and publish one. All detected bugs, new features and others things we will continue to do in main trunk of development. I everyday use MMEX from trunk (its version marked as 0.9.6) and do not have any bugs and problems. So, we could publish 0.9.6 very soon after 0.9.5, for example, Christmas Edition :-) And this version will incorporate bugfixes for bugs found in 0.9.5.
Re: Next release 0.9.5.2 or 0.9.6?

elliswr
MMEX Developer

Posts: 151
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 2:21 am
Location: Granbury, TX
I agree that we should continue to move towards 0.9.6. I added a tentative roadmap on the Wiki for the release of 0.9.6, but I only filled it out with some smaller requests from the feature request tracker on sourceforge. I was hoping that we could make a list and then evaluate to see how much we wanted to commit to for the next release, based on how soon we wish to release the next version.

So do you have any more features that you want in the next release, are there some that need to delayed for subsequent releases, and do you think we should have a poll to see what features the users want addressed most?
Re: Next release 0.9.5.2 or 0.9.6?

Vadim
MMEX Developer

Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:35 am
If you want, we can publish next release as 0.9.5.2. But reply all your changes made in branch to trunk. I have made many essential changes in 0.9.6 which should be carefully tested. But I use 0.9.6 x64 build every day and everything seems ok :-)
Re: Next release 0.9.5.2 or 0.9.6?

omalleypat
MMEX Developer

Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: Atchison, KS
I intend to do all my work in trunk. Any fixes that are small, I will also merge onto the 0.9.5 branch. This way if we decide to release 0.9.5.2 it should require minimal effort. If we don't release it and proceed directly to 0.9.6, we can just delete the branch 0.9.5 branch as all fixes will be also in trunk and nothing is lost. Does that sound acceptable?

I would just like to avoid the situation we find ourselves in now where bugfixes were made in the branch and not merged onto trunk. Maybe since there are now 5 of us with commit privileges, we need some rules in place so everyone is on the same page and work doesn't get lost.
Re: Next release 0.9.5.2 or 0.9.6?

madhan
Site Admin

Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:06 pm
I agree that the next release should come off the trunk as soon as possible. This is to avoid unnecessary merging work etc.
Page 1 of 1
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests