Next release 0.9.5.2 or 0.9.6?

Money Manager Ex Development related posts for both Android and Desktop

Moderator: Renato

omalleypat
Super MMEX User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Next release 0.9.5.2 or 0.9.6?

Post by omalleypat »

Are we planning on doing more in the 0.9.5 series in terms of bugfixes or are we going to aim for 0.9.6 next? I was thinking there are a few more bugs that could be fixed for a 0.9.5.2 release.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Re: Next release 0.9.5.2 or 0.9.6?

Post by Nikolay »

We must invent new bugs in version 0.9.6.0. :)

If critical errors would found in version 0.9.5.1, then perhaps they should be fixed in this branch.

Vadim has done much to improve the package is in a branch 0.9.6. We should continue in this direction. The branch 0.9.5. was released to remind us of our users.

PS I hope that my opinion coincides with the majority opinion.
Nikolay
MMEX Developer

Post by Nikolay »

FYI
Vadim wrote:Hi everybody,
I think we should freeze any development on 0.9.5. If we continue to modify branch's code, we never release new version. It is time to stop. If nobody knows some critical bugs in branch (such as application crashes, etc), we can build MMEX for all platforms and publish one. All detected bugs, new features and others things we will continue to do in main trunk of development. I everyday use MMEX from trunk (its version marked as 0.9.6) and do not have any bugs and problems. So, we could publish 0.9.6 very soon after 0.9.5, for example, Christmas Edition :-) And this version will incorporate bugfixes for bugs found in 0.9.5.
elliswr
Super MMEX User

Post by elliswr »

I agree that we should continue to move towards 0.9.6. I added a tentative roadmap on the Wiki for the release of 0.9.6, but I only filled it out with some smaller requests from the feature request tracker on sourceforge. I was hoping that we could make a list and then evaluate to see how much we wanted to commit to for the next release, based on how soon we wish to release the next version.

So do you have any more features that you want in the next release, are there some that need to delayed for subsequent releases, and do you think we should have a poll to see what features the users want addressed most?
Vadim
Super MMEX User

Post by Vadim »

If you want, we can publish next release as 0.9.5.2. But reply all your changes made in branch to trunk. I have made many essential changes in 0.9.6 which should be carefully tested. But I use 0.9.6 x64 build every day and everything seems ok :-)
omalleypat
Super MMEX User

Post by omalleypat »

I intend to do all my work in trunk. Any fixes that are small, I will also merge onto the 0.9.5 branch. This way if we decide to release 0.9.5.2 it should require minimal effort. If we don't release it and proceed directly to 0.9.6, we can just delete the branch 0.9.5 branch as all fixes will be also in trunk and nothing is lost. Does that sound acceptable?

I would just like to avoid the situation we find ourselves in now where bugfixes were made in the branch and not merged onto trunk. Maybe since there are now 5 of us with commit privileges, we need some rules in place so everyone is on the same page and work doesn't get lost.
madhan
Site Admin

Post by madhan »

I agree that the next release should come off the trunk as soon as possible. This is to avoid unnecessary merging work etc.