Home Page 'Top Withdrawals'-- Current month to date?

Discuss New Feature Requests and Enhancements to MMEX

Moderator: Renato

MMEXVisitor
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Home Page 'Top Withdrawals'-- Current month to date?

Post by MMEXVisitor »

Thank you for the hard work on this wonderful program.
You have enabled me to keep track of, and be more efficient in how I use my limited money.

If it is possible...
The area called 'Top Withdrawals: Last 30 days' might be more useful if it summarized 'Category' limited to 'Current Month'.
That way, a person could see at a glance what has been spent for the month==in each category, not just the last 30 days.

I have looked through the options, but it's not currently an option.

Thank you again for a wonderful program.
MartinArmstrong
MVP User

Re: Home Page 'Top Withdrawals'-- Current month to date?

Post by MartinArmstrong »

MMEXVisitor wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:46 pm The area called 'Top Withdrawals: Last 30 days' might be more useful if it summarized 'Category' limited to 'Current Month'.
That way, a person could see at a glance what has been spent for the month in each category, not just the last 30 days.
The 'Last 30 Days' is, of course, approximately a month's view of your top spending.

If the time period was changed to be 'Current Month', then when the date rolls over from the last day of May (for example) to the first day of June, then you would lose sight of your recent top spending. In fact, if no spending had occurred so far in June, then the 'Top Withdrawals' section would not be displayed at all.

Could I ask please what is the significance of the 'Current Month' that would make Top Withdrawals more useful for you?
MMEXVisitor
New User

Post by MMEXVisitor »

Thank you for the response and the question.

Having 'Top Withdrawals: Last 30 Days' enhanced to have an option something like 'Spending: Current Month'--(also summarized into categories)-- would enable a view where the user can see what has been spent in each category, as the month goes along.

An example might be a category called 'Food: Groceries' would show how much has been spent in that category as the month goes along.
I can get that number--but the Transaction Report takes setting up the inquiry parameters.

Thank you for your time and effort.
Best, R.
MartinArmstrong
MVP User

Post by MartinArmstrong »

MMEXVisitor wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:41 pm Thank you for the response and the question.

Having ... an option something like 'Spending: Current Month'--(also summarized into categories)-- would enable a view where the user can see what has been spent in each category, as the month goes along.

I can get that number--but the Transaction Report takes setting up the inquiry parameters.
Two thoughts:

1. If you do use the Transaction Report, you can set the Period to Current Month and save the Settings with a suitable name (eg. 'Expenses - Current Month'). This will avoid you having to set up the report parameters each time you use it.

2. You don't need to use the Transaction Report at all. If you go to Reports | Categories | Summary, then you get a summary of your expenses (by default for the Current Month). And if you wish you can drill down into each category to see the sub-category breakdown.
Expenses Current Month.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MMEXVisitor
New User

Post by MMEXVisitor »

The report found in 'Reports >> Categories >> Summary' is exactly what I think I was talking about. Just some way to easily see the current month.
I did not know of this feature--it works well enough for me :)) !! THANK YOU... !!

Soooo I guess the need for a home page display of this is not really needed.

Thank you, best, Rick.