Old (imported?) split transactions not shown in Reports -> Categories -> Monthly.

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

ssummers
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Old (imported?) split transactions not shown in Reports -> Categories -> Monthly.

Post by ssummers »

Hi,
I noticed that split transactions before 2020 are not shown in Reports -> Categories -> Monthly.

It could be that I started a new database around this time and imported the old transactions from the old database, because this branch used a newer db version and wasn't developed anymore. I don't remember exactly how I imported these transactions, but I'm pretty sure I followed a guide here in the forum.

When I open such a transaction and save it again, it will show in the report after being rewritten into the SPLITTRANSACTIONS_V1 table with a new SPLITTRANSID. I checked with "DB Browser for SQLite" to confirm.

before

after

Is there a way to re-write all split transaction with an SQL query or similar? I'm talking about more than 10 years of transactions. Clicking through all of them would be quite tedious.

Thanks in advance.
ssummers
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Old (imported?) split transactions not shown in Reports -> Categories -> Monthly.

Post by ssummers »

Ok, I think I found the problem. I compared 2 database dumps, 1 before and 1 after I rewrote such a transactions. The difference is, that split transactions should have a CATEGID of "-1" in the CHECKINGACCOUNT_V1 table. The transactions with the problem had a CATEGID of > 89. I have 89 categories in the CATEGORY_V! table. I guess when I imported the transactions, each transaction got a new CATEGID.

After issuing

Code: Select all

UPDATE CHECKINGACCOUNT_V1 SET CATEGID = -1 WHERE CATEGID > 89;
it seems to be fixed.