CSV import doesn't remember account any more

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

dbolton
Super User
Are you a spam bot?: No

CSV import doesn't remember account any more

Post by dbolton »

My old process was to download CSV files for each account (savings, checking, credit card, etc.), then import them using the corresponding preset.

With the new importer, I have to manually select which account it goes into which is an extra few clicks and a little error prone if I'm not paying attention.

That said, I'm loving the improvements and new focus on the importer. The clearly labeled Presents menu is much easier to use. I haven't set it all up yet, but I plan to experiment with the "Pattern match Payees". I've been pattern matching payees and categories with SQL scripts previously.
MartinArmstrong
MVP User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: CSV import doesn't remember account any more

Post by MartinArmstrong »

Easiest way is to:

1. Always save your CSV files with a name (a prefix perhaps) that corresponds to the account name.

2. Click on the account in the Navigation tree and then drag & drop the CSV file into the transaction list area. This will open the import dialog with the filename andaccount filled in.

3. Make sure you have created a preset for the format of the CSV data and have ticked 'Load this Preset when Account is ...'
Tick this for each of the accounts to which your preset applies. The correct preset will then be selected automatically for each account.