Error in Balances

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

MartinArmstrong
MVP User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Error in Balances

Post by MartinArmstrong »

Eddietheone wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:31 am Next after clicking on the exe file I got this message a few seconds later which I have never seen before.
Error opening file C\\progfiles\moneymanagerEX\bin\libcurldll.
Which .exe file are you clicking on? Or do you mean that you ran MMEX from the Start menu as normal?

libcurl.dll is a component in C:\Program Files\Money Manager EX\bin that is needed by MMEX.

I suggest you simply download again from https://moneymanagerex.org/ and re-install. Please report if you get the same problem.

The first thing was I got a message from Windows telling me that the file was from an untrusted source
This is Windows Defender being overcautious. As you did, you can ignore this message and 'Run Anyway'.
Eddietheone
Senior User

Post by Eddietheone »

Many thanks for the replies here. Not too sure quite how I will manage anything now as I can not now open mmx at all. Clicking the icon now just brings up a succesion of error messages when clicking ok in the error message box.

I seem to remember something like this a while back and it took me ages to get the program to run again so I will be back here again when I have got things back to normal.

I sort of got a bad feeling when that message appeared when trying to update my version. I clicked abort but something has now corrupted my excisting copy. I did tell it not to delete my excisting copy while doing the update but hey ho maybe Friday I will have some time to "have a go at fixing it" so see you all later and thanks again for all the help here.

Cheers Edward
Eddietheone
Senior User

Post by Eddietheone »

Just to update I have managed to restore my program OK. I have just downloaded it again and when I inslalled it everything worked as it should which is a great relief to say the least. So I shall continue with my process of checking and keeping a weather eye on it. Cheers Edward
Eddietheone
Senior User

Post by Eddietheone »

Update

Hi all
So far I have completed a process of entering transactions and deleting them ad hoc and nothing strange has happened to the balances and entries as it did at the start of this saga which is good news really.

But I realized I only did it on the expenses column and used whole numbers. So my plan now is to repeat the whole thing using decimals and income and expenses columns. I will update this when that is complete hopefully by year end. So far the only errors have been occasional typos ( one of .05 which took some finding, 3 & 8 look very similar with the wrong glasses on don't they)

Cheers Edward