Payee Pattern Matching

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

Klogg
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Payee Pattern Matching

Post by Klogg »

Hi, I'm a fairly new user moving over from MS Money.

I was glad to see the new Payee Pattern Matching feature recently added but it doesn't seem to work for me.
Is there anything special I need to do to 'turn on' for this feature or should it be automatic?

e.g. I have this for Amazon
Pattern.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MartinArmstrong
MVP User

Re: Payee Pattern Matching

Post by MartinArmstrong »

Have you ticked 'Pattern match Payees' on the Import dialog?

What do you see when you look at the Payee tab for an Amazon* or AMZ* payee in your data?

Note that you can go directly from a row in the Payee tab to the Edit Payee dialog by double clicking the row.
Klogg
New User

Post by Klogg »

Thank you!
No I hadn't even noticed that option! I can't believe I missed it.

I've have to say that aside from a few minor useability annoyances I have, I am finding MMEX to be very good.
MartinArmstrong
MVP User

Post by MartinArmstrong »

Klogg wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:04 pm I've have to say that aside from a few minor useability annoyances I have, I am finding MMEX to be very good.
Could you start a new topic in which you post any such annoyances as you encounter them please?

Two reasons:

1. We may be able to suggest workarounds for you.

2. It may be possible to remove the usability annoyances in future releases of MMEX.

Please post everything, no matter how small.
shoootime
New User

Post by shoootime »

Hi All,
I'm on Mac, on version 1.7.0 64-bit MMEX (30 Dec 2023). Using QIF file, the payee details is a long string of description from payee to amount value, have attempted your suggestion here but no luck. Would be very grateful for any further advise to test and troubleshoot or better workarounds?

Thank you in advance.
Renato
MVP User

Post by Renato »

If you expect support from other users, then you would have to describe / document your problem in more detail.
Renato Forum Administrator
miketodd80
New User

Post by miketodd80 »

Newbie: I am able to import csv files OK and have added match criteria to most of my payees which works as expected. However, although I have selected the Add to Notes option, nothing appears in the Notes for the transactions. What do I need to do? This is a very helpful feature as it helps to retain the data that the statements encode into the payee field whilst minimising the number of payees.