UPDATE Synchronisation across windows and Android.

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

Bobb
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

UPDATE Synchronisation across windows and Android.

Post by Bobb »

I repeat this in windows platform as well as android as it applies to both.
I appologise for only being able to provide user information, I do not have the skills to develope.

I've seen the update Android update 2024.01.10 (1011) on Facebook and downloaded it.
I couple of issues initially but seems to be cured after rebooting my phone.

First response, very happy with the improving software, a credit to ALL developers - THANK YOU!

I have noticed a couple of differences between Android and Windows apps, and terminology affects how entries in accounts are displayed, if at all.

Windows version 1.7.0 64 bit
Account types available

Cash
Checking
Credit card
Loan
Term
Asset
Shares

Android 2024.01.10 (1011)
Account types available

Cash
Checking
Investment
Term
Credit card
Loan
Shares

In the Windows version I have listed my house under assets,. and I can see the entry in Account view. However, on Dashboard view Assets are '0'

When I open the updated file created in Windows, in the Android version the Account House appears as an asset in Home (Dashboard), but when I open the account I don't get the details of the asset, it opens one of my Bank Accounts. I assume its an issue with the links between Asset and Investment etc., and the different account types across the two platforms.

Oh, and the donate link on Android doesn't work.
luisdev
Senior User

Re: UPDATE Synchronisation across windows and Android.

Post by luisdev »

I created a bug report for this so that it can be properly tracked (in one place!)
See:
https://github.com/moneymanagerex/andro ... ssues/1551
luisdev
Senior User

Post by luisdev »

Bobb, are you using the same database in both Windows and Android?

If you create a new transaction on one platform (say Windows) does it show on the other platform (Android) after you sync that databases?
Bobb
New User

Post by Bobb »

Yes I am using the same database, and synch between mobile phone, tablet and Laptop.
Version 1.7.0 in windows offers seven account types Cash
Checking
Credit card
Loan
Term
Asset
Shares

Whereas the android version offers a similar seven account types but no Asset type, Instead it offers Investment type.

Synchronisation is often a bit unresponsive on android so I often have to go to "open database/ other" and select the newer database manually
luisdev
Senior User

Post by luisdev »

Thanks Bobb. How do you do the MMX database synch between mobile phone, tablet and Laptop?
Bobb
New User

Post by Bobb »

The laptop seems OK. I have most problems synching between the mobile phone and tablet.
They do not automatically synch. I now try and remember to upload the database when I change or add information

Sometimes when I open my tablet after changing data on my mobile and uploading the database, I click download and get an error message
'Error. Cannot perform this operation because the connection pool has been closed.