Future Post

Discuss New Feature Requests and Enhancements to MMEX

Moderator: Renato

csteele
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Future Post

Post by csteele »

I used to use a software called Pocket Money, and it had a neat feature that i utilized.
It would be an option for a number of days out to auto post on launch.

IE, config to 62 days
when launching, it would insert the repeating transactions up to 62 days out in future.

Thank you.
Renato
MVP User

Re: Future Post

Post by Renato »

This function does exist, see:
MMEX09.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Renato Forum Administrator
csteele
New User

Post by csteele »

Close, but that doesn't appear to do what i'm intending..

Lets use payroll as example, i want to have a recurring schedule for the 1st and 15th, this would be split into 2 repeating transactions, one repeating on the 1st monthly, and the second repeating on the 15th monthly.

Now i would like to not just show the transactions that have already occurred, i want it to auto post any recurring transactions up to a specific days out. So for the payroll example, if i had it set to 62 days out, it would have transactions for 3/15, 4/1, 4/15, 5/1.

Hope that clears up the request.
Renato
MVP User

Post by Renato »

my suggestion (with type = transfer):
MMEX10.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Renato Forum Administrator
csteele
New User

Post by csteele »

That is how it is currently setup. I was wondering if there was a way to do / or have it added, an automated way to "Enter Next Occurrence", up to a specified days out.

So from your screenshot using my 62 days, the next due dates would be 6/1, and 2 more entries would have been entered into the register, and 5/15, as only 1 day would needed to be entered, and it would only have 69 days remaining.
nstein
Developer

Post by nstein »

That is how it is currently setup. I was wondering if there was a way to do / or have it added, an automated way to "Enter Next Occurrence", up to a specified days out.
Sort of. You can set the "Date Due" and "Date Paid" differently. The "Date Due" is when MMEX will auto enter the next occurrence, the "Date Paid" is the date that will be used in the transaction details. Set "Date Paid" 2 months after "Date Due", then every month it will enter the transaction 2 months in the future. You will get a friendly "warning" doing this, but you can ignore it and it will work as expected.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 200635.png

Note that the "Payment" field is the number of days until "Date Paid" -- the date of the actual payment, not the number of days until the next occurrence is entered.
csteele
New User

Post by csteele »

Thank you, i believe that will cover what i'm looking for. More of a manual way of doing it, but still gets the job done, only have to repeat when a new recurring item is needed.

thank you again.
nstein
Developer

Post by nstein »

More of a manual way of doing it, but still gets the job done, only have to repeat when a new recurring item is needed.
You can back date the "Date Due" and it will auto-enter transactions until "Date Due" is in the future.

Set "Date Paid" to the next payment (4/1), set "Date Due" to two months before that (2/1), turn on auto execute, then close & reopen MMEX. It will automatically log transactions for 4/1 (this is the payment for "Date Due" = 2/1) and another transaction for 5/1 (this is the payment entered for "Date Due" = 3/1). The next payment will be automatically scheduled with a "Date Due" of 4/1 and a "Date Paid" of 6/1, thereby setting up your "two months ahead" scheduling while also including all transactions between now and two months in the future.

Maybe that helps during initial setup?