Summary Report Issue?

MMEX4Desktop, incl. Windows, macOS (10.10 or newer), and Most Unix variants using the GTK+ toolkit

Moderator: Renato

boombuler
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Summary Report Issue?

Post by boombuler »

Hey,

I've found a weird behavior in monthly summary report. Today I've added stocks and the total value of stocks is much higher (~18.3k) as it should be (~11k). I can't figure out how that number adds up.

I'm a developer myself, so more complex troubleshooting shouldn't be a problem but I currently don't have any working C environment to compile it myself. I'm using 1.7.0 64-bit on windows.

Also one of my stocks is showing the wrong account when clicking on it. It is showing the only other stock in the same portfolio...
I guess there is something messed up in the db. Could you give me any hint where to look at?
boombuler
New User

Re: Summary Report Issue?

Post by boombuler »

Ok, I've found something:

Code: Select all

SELECT si.* FROM SHAREINFO_V1 si 
JOIN CHECKINGACCOUNT_V1 ca ON si.CHECKINGACCOUNTID = ca.TRANSID
WHERE ca.DELETEDTIME IS NOT NULL AND ca.DELETEDTIME <> ''
Gave me 4 records, I've set the SHARENUMBER in SHAREINFO_V1 to 0 and the results were correct.
So my guess is: The report takes deleted share transactions into account where it should not?
Renato
MVP User

Post by Renato »

Renato Forum Administrator
boombuler
New User

Post by boombuler »

I don't think that is the same issue, as my shares did not display anywhere else in the program.
Also if i delete the transaction of buying a share, the buyed amount should also be removed.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Buy a share from the portfolio
2) Delete that transaction in the stock account

Result:
The portfolio is back to the initial value and the "summary" report still shows the transaction details.

My guess:
Deleting the transaction resets the "total amount" (NUMSHARES) which is stored within the STOCK_V1 table but since the "summary" report wants the historical data about the total amounts, the transactions are queried and that does not take the deletion into account.

EDIT:
When I view my "deleted transactions" and delete those transactions there as well, the value is also correct.
Renato
MVP User

Post by Renato »

There are lots of requests/problem messages on Github about securities/assets.
I would suggest adding the discussion there.
(by the way, I am a moderator of the forum and not a developer)
Renato Forum Administrator
boombuler
New User

Post by boombuler »

If anyone has the same issue, I've added a bugreport here: https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/6639