Page 2 of 2
Re: Total accounts sorted by account with breakdown (Subtotal)
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2026 7:29 pm
by Renato
@alfred07380
Sorry, I don't have Linux available and can't check it. Please try again with this version:
Re: Total accounts sorted by account with breakdown (Subtotal)
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2026 11:03 am
by Dandy
Just for information: I’ve successfully customized several reports to suit my personal needs without writing any code. Yes, I know HTML and SQL, but I’m too lazy to do it manually.
Any report can be easily modified with ChatGPT. Just explain in your own words what you don’t like or what you want to change, and then copy the entire HTML code into ChatGPT. In a minute, everything will be ready.
ChatGPT usually suggests replacing specific pieces of code in the HTML — don’t waste your time doing that. Ask it to provide the entire code, and then copy it into the Template section of your report.
If the SQL also needs to be changed, ChatGPT will tell you, and then you just do the same thing: copy and paste the complete SQL code.
Sometimes you may need to repeat these steps several times if the result isn’t exactly what you want.
Re: Total accounts sorted by account with breakdown (Subtotal)
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2026 12:38 pm
by Renato
They confirm my experience.
This analysis was generated exactly this way, although ChatGPT (currently) severely limits what you can do in the free version.
However, there are many shortcomings, which you can verify by having the code analyzed by other AI tools (Copilot, DeepSeek, Google AI).
Re: Total accounts sorted by account with breakdown (Subtotal)
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2026 5:05 pm
by alfred07380
Renato wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2026 7:29 pm
@alfred07380
Sorry, I don’t have Linux to hand and can’t check it. Please try again with this version: Grupped Account Totals.grm
Sorry, but that’s no better. In fact, it’s worse.
In fact, for numbers above 1000, the decimal separator is shifted three places to the left.
4 223 is displayed as 4,22!! 10 322,24 is displayed as 10,32 !! And this happens on both Linux and Windows.
I’ll have a look at your code when I get a chance. But other grms, such as account-balance or ExpenseAndRevenueByMonth, display the amounts correctly.
If that helps...
Re: Total accounts sorted by account with breakdown (Subtotal)
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2026 6:31 pm
by Renato
@alfred07380 This version has been further updated (libraries) and will be released in the next update.