How to explain to the bank support service what are the QIF, OFX and HBCI?

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

DebraCoffey
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

How to explain to the bank support service what are the QIF, OFX and HBCI?

Post by DebraCoffey »

I, as an individual, am a client of Tinkoff Bank. This bank is quite high-tech, but I encountered a complete misunderstanding of the support staff about what Quicken Import File, Open Financial Exchange and Home Banking Computer Interface are. I sent them links to Wikipedia, but they still wonder why I needed it, and what kind of exotic Wikipedia articles I am sending them. Is it really such rare things, or have I encountered blatant unprofessionalism?
MartinArmstrong
MVP User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: How to explain to the bank support service what are the QIF, OFX and HBCI?

Post by MartinArmstrong »

I sent them links to Wikipedia, but they still wonder why I needed it, and what kind of exotic Wikipedia articles I am sending them. Is it really such rare things, or have I encountered blatant unprofessionalism?
Who can say?

But probably not. Perhaps you are not asking them a very clear question?

A quick web search suggests that Tinkoff Bank provides a means of exporting CSV files for credit, debit and saving accounts. You will be able to import these into MMEX using File | Import | CSV Files.

I also found this image:
tinkoff CSV.jpg

So it looks like they do provide the means to download CSV and OFX files.

Google Translate tells me that the Russian says (approximately):
tinkoff CSV en.jpg
Note that the "Upload transactions" is a mistranslation. It is definitely a download capability.

I hope this helps you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.