Total Net Worth totals - New Update

General discussion on all other topics under the sun.

Moderator: Renato

warslet
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Total Net Worth totals - New Update

Post by warslet »

I'm now on version 1.6.4 and for the first time that I can recall my Total Net Worth figures at the top don't total correctly. I have totalled the different classes of my listed finances and can't establish where it may have gone wrong. When I add them up manually the total is the one prior to the update but now doesn't total correctly. Are there are issues you are aware of?

Thank you.
JCS
New User

Re: Total Net Worth totals - New Update

Post by JCS »

Same here (MacOS). The total is extremely of, I could not find out where the figures come from; reverted to version 1.6.3.
warslet
New User

Post by warslet »

I'm on a MAC too so hopefully someone will have an answer. I seem to be unable to revert to the previous version.
Renato
MVP User

Post by Renato »

Your information is a bit scanty.
I suspect that this is the problem: https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/6043
Renato Forum Administrator
JCS
New User

Post by JCS »

Renato wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:24 pm Your information is a bit scanty.
I suspect that this is the problem: https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... ssues/6043
Yes, this is the problem.
JCS
New User

Post by JCS »

warslet wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:20 pm I'm on a MAC too so hopefully someone will have an answer. I seem to be unable to revert to the previous version.
You'll need a backup of your database file (.mbb) from before you started 1.6.4 for the first time (the database is converted to a new format). Then just download the 1.6.3 .dmg from github and install it.
warslet
New User

Post by warslet »

Thank you for your help all. I have located the update (backup file) using the finder on my MacBook. It has a file extension of .bak with the relevant date. As I am a complete novice on how to backup a file could I have an ‘idiots’ guide approach to doing the back up to get back to 1.6.3.
Am I using the correct backup file and the process please?
Very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Renato
MVP User

Post by Renato »

Have tried to write a guide to this.
Here is an example of the database files from my test accounting:
MMEX36.png
1) if you have problems with a new MMEX version and after installing the previous MMEX version you get an error message that the database version is not compatible, then you should rename the current database (in the example here Test2.mmb) (for example to Test2-old.mmb). then rename the needed database before the upgrade (for example here Test2.mmb_upgrade_v17_2023-05-27.bak) to current database (for example here Test2.mmb). After that it should work again with the previous MMEX version.

2) If you need to return to the previous backed up database due to a (usually handling error), then you should rename the current database (in the example here Test2.mmb) (for example to Test2-old.mmb). Then rename the desired backup (for example Test2.mmb_update_2023-05-30.bak) to current database (for example here Test2.mmb).

Of course, the changes / transactions made in the meantime will be lost.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Renato Forum Administrator
warslet
New User

Post by warslet »

Thank you Renato for taking the time to explain. I will give this a try and hopefully get my issue sorted out.