Categorys

Discuss New Feature Requests and Enhancements to MMEX

Moderator: Renato

Eddietheone
Senior User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Categorys

Post by Eddietheone »

It would be very useful for this to be account related for the last payee to be automatically entered if possible.

I use the same supermarket for groceries and for petrol. I use separate cards for each type of transaction.

It would be nice when I click on the Category on card A entries to come up groceries and then when entering petrol on card B for petrol to pop up rather than having to go and change the groceries to petrol or vice versa.

Minor issue but it would be very useful I feel. Cheers Edward
Renato
MVP User

Re: Categorys

Post by Renato »

Since you are still working on version 1.6.1, I advise you to install the current version first and then check the situation again.
By the way: we try very hard to provide support, but not on old MMEX versions.
Renato Forum Administrator
MartinArmstrong
MVP User

Post by MartinArmstrong »

Eddietheone wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:04 am I use the same supermarket for groceries and for petrol. I use separate cards for each type of transaction.

It would be nice when I click on the Category on card A entries to come up groceries and then when entering petrol on card B for petrol to pop up rather than having to go and change the groceries to petrol or vice versa.
That's very unlikely to happen because categorising payments according to the card used is too limited a use case.

MMEX does, however, already provide a way to associate a default category with a payee and have that automatically entered.

First make sure you have the Option 'Default Deposit/Withdrawal Category' set to 'Use default for payee' as shown.
Options.png

Then create two payees, let's call them TESCO and TESCO Fuel. Associate the desired default category with each payee as shown.
Payee.png

Now, when you enter TESCO or TESCO Fuel as the payee in your transaction, the category will be automatically filled in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eddietheone
Senior User

Post by Eddietheone »

Thank you Martin. Sorry I missed your post last time I was here. I will try this out and see how I get on as that will do what I want. Many thanks Edward