MMEX ANDROID e WEBAPP: un sondaggio?

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

gregcap
Senior User
Are you a spam bot?: No

MMEX ANDROID e WEBAPP: un sondaggio?

Post by gregcap »

Buogiorno,
utilizzo MMEX da più di tre anni e l'unico motivo di insoddisfazione è la mancanza di una versione Android aggiornata e con sincronizzazione funzionante (anche solo tramite utilizzo della sincronizzazione Dropbox).
Purtroppo mi pare di capire che non ci siano risorse per raggiungere questo obiettivo che peraltro una volta era disponibile.

Ritengo utile avere azione una versione magari semplificata che, mentre si è in viaggio ad esempio, permetta di:
- inserire nuove transazioni;
- consultare una reportistica aggiornata anche se magari semplificata (e non dettgliata come è più opportuno fare sullo schermo di un pc);
- infine (magari !!) di disporre di una sincronizzazione con la propria banca per caricare le "nuove" transazioni dei CC e delle Carte di Credito, da integrare con proprie info e commenti durante il caricamento o almeno una volta caricati su database MMEX.

Nella ipotesi peggiore servirebbe almeno una versione WebApp che permetta l'inserimento di nuove transazioni. Sarebbe una soluzione parziale e temporaea, ma è comunque meglio di niente.

Mi sembrerebbe utile su questo tema "contarci" aprendo un sondaggio per vedere quante persone sono interessate a questo progetto e quante sarebbero disposte anche a pagare una piccola quota mensile per avere queste funzionalità.

Mi rivolgo a questo scopo ai gestori del forum perché mi sembra di capire che non dispongo della autorizzazione per impostare un sondaggio.

Grazie.

Gregcap
estratto dalle FAQ:

"sondaggio"
Quando pubblichi un nuovo argomento o modifichi il primo post di un argomento, fai clic sulla scheda "Creazione sondaggio" sotto il modulo di pubblicazione principale; se non riesci a vederlo, non disponi delle autorizzazioni appropriate per creare sondaggi. Inserisci un titolo e almeno due opzioni nei campi appropriati, assicurandoti che ciascuna opzione sia su una riga separata nell'area di testo. Puoi anche impostare il numero di opzioni che gli utenti possono selezionare durante la votazione sotto "Opzioni per utente", un limite di tempo in giorni per il sondaggio (0 per durata infinita) e infine l'opzione per consentire agli utenti di modificare il proprio voto.
Renato
MVP User

Re: MMEX ANDROID e WEBAPP: un sondaggio?

Post by Renato »

Ciao Greg
Mi dispiace, questo è un forum in lingua inglese, la possibilità che qualcuno legga questo messaggio in italiano e dia una risposta è relativamente bassa.
Puoi sempre far tradurre il tuo testo in inglese con www.deepl.com.

Vorrei ricordarti che MMEX è freeware ed è programmato gratuitamente da volontari nel loro tempo libero. Non è prevista la creazione di una versione acquistabile e la gestione di una piattaforma di vendita.
Si cerca di risolvere i bug il prima possibile, ma i molti piccoli e grandi desideri di nuove funzionalità dipendono dalle capacità degli sviluppatori.

E ora questo in inglese:

Hello Greg
Sorry, this is an English-speaking forum, so the chance of someone reading this in Italian and giving an answer is relatively small.
You can always have your own text translated into English at www.deepl.com.

I would like to remind you that MMEX is freeware and is programmed for free by volunteers in their spare time. There are no plans to create a purchase version and to operate a sales platform.
Bugs are tried to be fixed as soon as possible, but the many small and big wishes for new features depend on the capacity of the developers.

==========================================================================================================================
Good morning,
I have been using MMEX for more than three years now and my only dissatisfaction is the lack of an up-to-date Android version with working synchronisation (even if only by using Dropbox synchronisation).
Unfortunately, I understand that there are no resources to achieve this, which was once available.

I think it would be useful to have a perhaps simplified version which, while on the move for example, would allow one to
- enter new transactions;
- consult up-to-date reporting, even if it is simplified (and not dictated as is more appropriate on a PC screen);
- finally (maybe!) to have a synchronisation with one's own bank to upload 'new' CC and Credit Card transactions, to be supplemented with one's own info and comments during upload or at least once uploaded to the MMEX database.

In the worst case scenario, one would at least need a WebApp version that would allow new transactions to be uploaded. This would be a partial and temporary solution, but it is still better than nothing.

It would seem useful to me on this issue to "count" by opening a survey to see how many people are interested in this project and how many would also be willing to pay a small monthly fee to have this functionality.

I am addressing the forum managers for this purpose because I understand that I do not have the authorisation to set up a poll.

Thank you.

Gregcap

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Renato Forum Administrator
gregcap
Senior User

Post by gregcap »

Good evening Renato,
I am sorry for the misunderstanding regarding not using English, I actually thought that the translation was required reader-side (or even that it was automatic).
I appreciate your response and understand. Perhaps the guidelines of the support group and this forum were not entirely clear to me.

As for the willingness to incur a monthly or annual cost, I was referring to the costs of platforms such as Dropbox or Google Drive and not a fee for the support group.

In any case, let me insist on the proposal of a survey (now written in English), because if the interest in an Android or at least WebApp solution turns out to be very significant, this could at least increase the priority to be assigned to this project over other reports of error or functional deficiencies.

Does this make sense?

Greg
Renato
MVP User

Post by Renato »

Hi Greg
No problem, English is just a common denominator to connect the various developers in Russia, England, Germany, China (Poland, Italy, Australia, maybe I forgot someone).

I think the webapp project is certainly on its way with the necessary priority, the problem is that the ongoing changes to the MMEX version cause additional work for the webapp.

By the way: if you look at the open list https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... +is%3Aopen of bugs and requests on, you can see what still needs to be done. :roll:
If you look at the work done for the next version 1.7.0 on https://github.com/moneymanagerex/money ... lestone/45, 37 completed and still 3 open jobs, then you can only congratulate the volunteer developers.
Renato Forum Administrator
pdelamotar
Senior User

Post by pdelamotar »

A partial solution that I found is to simply create a CSV file previously configured for the transactions, if you find it difficult to do a format, just export some existing transactions and edit it with the new data, synchronize it using dropbox, driver or any other and only you have to import when you are on PC
DELAMOTA
whall3y
Developer

Post by whall3y »

We do have a WebApp that meets the need to add transactions from a web browser (on desktop, tablet, phone). This requires the user to host the webapp on a server but I am hoping to release a hosted version that people can use in the coming months.
https://github.com/moneymanagerex/web-money-manager-ex
http://webapp.kubecool.com/
gregcap
Senior User

Post by gregcap »

Thanks pdelamotar,
yes it was an idea that I had already thought of and which is quite easy to implement but a bit cumbersome.
It can be a temporary solution to partially solve the problem of loading a few transactions to then validate one by one.

I am therefore waiting for a real web-app which I know is in development.

It will be even better when we can have an MX Android (hoping it costs nothing).

The answer to the question still remains unknown to me: how many possible users are there of an MMEX ANDROID solution? I think there are many, but it would be interesting to have confirmation.

===
Grazie pdelamotar,
sì era un'idea alla quale avevo già pensato e che è abbastanza facile da implementare ma un po' macchinosa.
Può essere una soluzione temporanea per risolvere parzialmente il problema del caricamento di poche transazioni da validare poi comunque una per una.

Resto quindi in attesa di una vera web-app che so essere in fase di sviluppo.

Ancora meglio sarà quando potremo avere un MX Android (sperare non costa nulla).
Resta ancona sconosciuta per me la risposta alla domanda: ma quanti siamo i possibili utenti di una soluzione MMEX ANDROID? Credo siano molti, ma sarebbe interessante avere una conferma.

Greg
gregcap
Senior User

Post by gregcap »

Hi whall3,
thanks for the information.
I am very interested in this solution (as in MMEX ANDROID).
waiting for your updates
Greg