Android + NextCloud sync

MMEX4Android: Manage your finances on-the-go, encrypted for security, sync via your own cloud

Moderator: Renato

ThePixelBug
New User
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Android + NextCloud sync

Post by ThePixelBug »

guanlisheng wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:05 pm hi @ThePixelBug , for this particular case, just leave the password blank/empty.
Thanks @guanlisheng , IT WORKED!.

To recap, I have a Windows and an Android MMEX install that I want to sync via Nextcloud via a common database (unencrypted for now for reasons of 256vs128AES encryption in Android vs Windows version of the database). In the future I hope that @guanlisheng will solve this problem.

The Windows MMEX is using the Nextcloud folder created by the NC client for accessing the "data.mmb".
The Android MMEX (after Storage acces permission granted) is using the Storage Framework created by the Nextcloud client to access the same, synchronized "data.mmb".

If someone is using an encrypted "data.emb" for now, the Windows-Android sync is not possible.
If you are using an normal, unencrypted "data.mmb" and the MMEX on Android is still requesting a password, just live the password box empty and use the database without problems.

Hope it will help someone and I will post an update when the problem with the encryption will be solved by our dear @guanlisheng